Programs find out today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daru1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So do you directors know the names of the people coming to your programs now?

Members don't see this ad.

i think it stands for " this is so not fair" or the f could be fun"

i think it stands for " this is so not fair" or the f could be fun"

That's right. It's from one of those cellphone commercials for unlimited texting.

THIS IS SO NOT FAIR!!!!

How comes they get to know now?

I couldn't figure out why, either.

My best guesses:

so they can learn our names and basic info, so that when people start calling them tomorrow they aren't like "who the heck are you?"

or maybe they need an extra day to prepare our contracts (this I doubt)?

or, most likely, so they can get our addresses and send us "welcome to the program" flowers and candy - wouldn't you be so psyched if you came home after your match night at the bar and found a huge box of chocolates? I will have to recommend this to whatever program I end up in...:)

Actually, I can't think of a good reason for them to know one day earlier. I've heard that they don't rush to send out the contracts.

Maybe it has something to do with there being no good reason for any of us not to know. I guess except because of the scrambling thing but I don't really even understand that.

Actually, I can't think of a good reason for them to know one day earlier. I've heard that they don't rush to send out the contracts.

Maybe it has something to do with there being no good reason for any of us not to know. I guess except because of the scrambling thing but I don't really even understand that.
amen.

or, most likely, so they can get our addresses and send us "welcome to the program" flowers and candy - wouldn't you be so psyched if you came home after your match night at the bar and found a huge box of chocolates? I will have to recommend this to whatever program I end up in...:)

Now that would be awesome!

omg...i JUST want to KNOW already!!!! At this point...i really don't care WHERE i matched!

I'm actually hoping that the program I matched at will be nice enough to let me know before tomorrow. The chances of that happening are microscopic, but you never know. I've heard of one or two cases where programs have actually done that.

Isn't it funny how after finding out you matched, you feel this enormous sense of relief for like, five minutes and then the suspense starts building up again in anticipation of finding out where you matched?

I used to have nightmares that I didn't match, now I have nightmares about matching at the last place I ranked. God, someone throw me a Valium...

Isn't it funny how after finding out you matched, you feel this enormous sense of relief for like, five minutes and then the suspense starts building up again in anticipation of finding out where you matched?

I used to have nightmares that I didn't match, now I have nightmares about matching at the last place I ranked. God, someone throw me a Valium...
Totally!!! i was soooo having dreams that i didn't match before the monday...now i'm thinking...shoot...what if i got my last choice???? I ALMOST didn't rank that place!

which is.............

Exactly! There IS no reason.

Later on, your programs will find our your yearly in-training exam scores before you do. Same with Step 3. Same with where you match for fellowship.

I'm actually hoping that the program I matched at will be nice enough to let me know before tomorrow. The chances of that happening are microscopic, but you never know. I've heard of one or two cases where programs have actually done that.

and why is it a match violation if they let us knowwe matched there? :confused:

and why is it a match violation if they let us knowwe matched there? :confused:

Probably because it violates the oh so sacred match day ceremony.
Theres no good reason we can't find out where we matched on Monday then have a ceremony where we announce it to the class on Thursday other than it takes away from the ceremony.
Although this is from someone eagerly awaiting his results. Next year I'll probably be telling 4th years "Damn you guys it's only 3 more days. It's not going to kill you to wait." :laugh:

Theres no good reason we can't find out where we matched on Monday then have a ceremony where we announce it to the class on Thursday other than it takes away from the ceremony.
Although this is from someone eagerly awaiting his results. Next year I'll probably be telling 4th years "Damn you guys it's only 3 more days. It's not going to kill you to wait." :laugh:

Our school doesn't have a ceremony. I should be told NOW!

I'd actually be pissed if they told me now. If they would have told me three weeks ago I would have been glad. But I've waited all of this time now, I might as well get the opening the envelope moment.

I deferred on my Match day ceremony in leu of checking the website in the lobby of our hotel off 6th Street in Austin for SXSW, a bottle of Shiner Bock in each fist. Good times! :laugh:

I deferred on my Match day ceremony in leu of checking the website in the lobby of our hotel off 6th Street in Austin for SXSW, a bottle of Shiner Bock in each fist. Good times! :laugh:

Our Match Day was on St. Patrick's Day!

Ah, good times...

I'd actually be pissed if they told me now. If they would have told me three weeks ago I would have been glad. But I've waited all of this time now, I might as well get the opening the envelope moment.

exactly! hell yeah i wanna know where i matched, but after all this, i want the damn ceremony!

For me, there's no Match Day ceremony so I would have been perfectly happy knowing today. Oh well, less than a day left before I find out now.

For me, there's no Match Day ceremony so I would have been perfectly happy knowing today. Oh well, less than a day left before I find out now.

No match day ceremony for me either...so the few days in between finding out I matched and finding out where has only helped to increase my anxiety! I actually thought I'd be fine after getting the "congrats, you matched" message, but I was tossing and turning the whole night yesterday. Couldn't sleep trying to decide whether I ranked the programs correctly...hehe!

Well, just a few more hours of waiting...Good luck everyone! :luck:

what do u we do after we find out where we match??
should we call the program or wait for them to call??? or should we go to meet them personally???

should we call the program or wait for them to call??? or should we go to meet them personally???
I got a call from the chairman on match day a few hours after the results came out.

My temptation is to call them right away and say, "thanks, you won't be sorry you picked me!" (at least I hope not!) :scared:

Haha! :) That's what kids say when they get picked next-to-last to play baseball :)

No match day ceremony for me either...so the few days in between finding out I matched and finding out where has only helped to increase my anxiety! I actually thought I'd be fine after getting the "congrats, you matched" message, but I was tossing and turning the whole night yesterday. Couldn't sleep trying to decide whether I ranked the programs correctly...hehe!

Well, just a few more hours of waiting...Good luck everyone! :luck:

This is why almost all the spiritual teachers talk about enjoying the present moment...seeking happiness in the future is a futile idea...I promise...once you find out on Thursday, the thrill and "happiness" will be short-lived and then on to another thing! It is what it is. You will never 'be fine' if you look for future event to make you so.

jus sayin'

Proph...

I know!!! I felt it was so anticlimactic last Monday to just know that you matched but have no idea where. I called up my friends shouting I matched! I matched! Almost everyone was, "Where?" And I would go...."I'll find out Thursday."

"Oh..."

:laugh:

I wish my PD would contact me asap. With or without candy. :laugh:

This is why almost all the spiritual teachers talk about enjoying the present moment...seeking happiness in the future is a futile idea...I promise...once you find out on Thursday, the thrill and "happiness" will be short-lived and then on to another thing! It is what it is. You will never 'be fine' if you look for future event to make you so.

jus sayin'

Proph...

damn kid, getting all spiritual on me. I guess psych is really changing you! Good luck in the match tomorrow!

Guess what, y'all.

WE FIND OUT TODAY!!!

:eek::D:eek::D:eek::D

:luck::luck::luck::luck:

Just a few more hours. Best wishes to everyone.

I know!!! I felt it was so anticlimactic last Monday to just know that you matched but have no idea where. I called up my friends shouting I matched! I matched! Almost everyone was, "Where?" And I would go...."I'll find out Thursday."

"Oh..."

that is so true... it totally burst by balloon of happiness every time it happened...

that you will receive your contract and other documents in the mail....pretty simple:)

did anyone get the email???
my friend got his.. i havent got mine yet...

well, i was surprised too.. but i dont think he will lie to me...
and he even told the hospital he got in...

hmmmm. well, i've been hitting the "send/receive" button q 30 sec. I'll let ya know!

hmmmm. well, i've been hitting the "send/receive" button q 30 sec. I'll let ya know!

better watch it, it might lock you out, we'll have a friendly race to he who's first in 'our' forum :p

damn kid, getting all spiritual on me. I guess psych is really changing you! Good luck in the match tomorrow!

Your big Don...mahn I changed my mind last year.

Diagnostic Radiology, New York, baby!

So what's good with you? Are you staying in Cali?

proph...

I have yet to be contacted by my new program yet. Should I be worried?

I have yet to be contacted by my new program yet. Should I be worried?

My new program hasn't called or emailed me yet either. I'm not worried. They'll probably call tomorrow.