Programs that only accept students from respective state school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buspmpodiatrystudent

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I was wondering if there are programs out there that only accept students from their respective state schools? Are there any programs in Pennsylvania or New York or Arizona or Iowa or Ohio that prefer students from their state school?

I am asking particularly about Temple and Aria Health since they are both known to be great programs I wonder if it would be a bad idea to do an externship at a program if a student from another state may not even have a chance?

Thanks in advance!

Also, leaning toward Aria Health (if anyone has any advice on it please feel free to share with me with your knowledge)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Temples AACPM page (http://www.casprcrip.org/html/casprcrip/pdf/Dir_Pgs/0736.pdf) states that they only take residents from Temple even though they started taking clerks from other schools. Not sure about Arias residents, but I know their fellows have been from other schools. I know there is a program in IL that only takes Scholl students, but most programs take residents from any school. Maybe someone has more specifics

Reactions: 2 users