Pros and Cons of your OT school.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BowlofSunshine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
We have so many threads with potential students asking former or current students what their target OT school is like with not much feedback.

I think a thread like this will be helpful in assisting potential students in making somewhat of an informed decision about the schools to which they are applying considering the application process has been streamlined via OTCAS, it might be helpful.

I've also seen students bypass schools with a GRE or GMAT requirement for schools with no requirement, which isn't necessarily a good or bad thing. However, I found even in my own search and research of schools (on here and elsewhere) no one gave me the real deal about the school.

What do you think?

Granted you may get biased reviews, but I think a thread like this might be helpful so students are not wasting their time or money trying to get into XYZ OT school for a reason they might regret later (e.g. school is cheap, but the professors, the program and the curriculum suck)

Members don't see this ad.

No idea I start Fall...I guess I'll know more on Bay Path College soon!

Many of us start Fall and may not be able to answer this question yet..ask again when we are at least a year into the program lol..

But honestly everybody has different experiences some good some bad best to pick a school that fits YOU.

Good Luck! :)

Last edited:
I start at D'Youville College in Buffalo this August. Here is what I can tell so far about the school/program from visiting:

PROS: Small school (this may be a con for some), about 3500 students total, individual attention more likely in a small school, small class sizes, friendly staff, you never have to walk far or go park far away because everything is so close together.

CONS: EXPENSIVE private school (20k a year for 3 years in loans only), school is in a bad area of the city (near downtown Buffalo), there is not much to do because the school is so tiny and nobody knows what it is when I tell them.