pros and cons

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shelms

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about changing careers from teaching to PT. I have done some volunteer hours...researched programs...and I just dont see anything that I dont like about the profession. I know there are positives and negatives about every job though and was just wondering if everyone could tell me what they feel are the positives and negatives to help me figure out if this is for me.

thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm making the same shift. A very short list of my personal pros/cons. Pros: it is an active job and I can work one-on-one with patients. I'm fascinated by anatomy and physiology. Cons: as a former teacher, I'm giving up summers off for a year-round position and potentially later in the day hours/weekends.

There are obviously others, but what are your own reasons? Why are you wanting to change careers? I found that there were aspects of teaching (that I enjoyed) that I felt carried over to this profession. The things I felt I wasn't getting from my teaching career, I believe I will get from a PT career. Basically, I want to be happy in my work. For me, this is that route.

My Pros: helping people, flexibility to work full and part time and not loose pay, lots of different areas so you cant get bored, more pay, ill be happy

Cons: expensive school, and I have heard lots of paperwork but thats all I have so far and I just wanted to know what other cons are out there and figure out if those cons are things I can deal with or will keep me from switching.

Thanks!