Pros/Cons of Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gibb0080

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could anybody give me a little more insight into Creighton. Is it a superior dental school, I have heard they are lacking in technology advancements.?

Members don't see this ad.

replying via my fiance's screen name: I graduated from creighton's ds in 2005. Yes, it doesn't have all the technological advances, but it doesn't have any residency programs. which can be good or bad. mainly good, as you get to do everything...difficult endo, implants (helping with placing and restoring yourself), perio surgeries, crowns/veneers, oral surgery,etc. if you are planning on going into ortho, don't bother going there. but if general dentistry is your specialty, creighton will do an excellent job of preparing you. it sucks while you are there, and everyone hates it (seems like that is true for all dental schools), but you will graduate having abundant experience. i am very glad i went there and do not regret my decision at all.

Call the admissions office and ask them why you should go there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Forgot to mention that creighton has this great program (ILAC) during the summer before your 4th year where they send dental students (along with pharm and med students) to the dominican republic for 2 months. we went to remote villages where we set up a make-shift "clinic" (usually consisting of a tarp and wooden chair), spent our mornings extracting teeth and doing fillings and the rest of the day kicking it with the locals at the river. that trip alone was worth it. i know some other schools have similar programs...and if you don't go to creighton, i still highly recommend going abroad to do dentistry while you are in dental school.

Hey Lemming,

I was with last summer's trip to the DR, I was in Shaun's group in El Anil. What campo were you in???