Proudest Accomplishment Secondary Prompt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nb07

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!!
I am struggling with what to write for my proudest accomplishment:
1) my MCAT score
2) Graduating Summa Cum Laude
3) My upcoming marriage
4) A bodybuilding competition that I won after months of training

I feel that 1 and 2 are generic and will not help me stand out. But I worry about writing about 4 because will the admissions committee really care about me getting married??

HELP!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!!
1) my MCAT score
3) My upcoming marriage

I feel that 1 and 2 are generic and will not help me stand out. But I worry about writing about 4 because will the admissions committee really care about me getting married??

HELP!!
I'd go with #4.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I also vote #4. Personally, I wouldn't be that impressed by your marriage.

I also vote for #4. show why it is important to you and the planning and perseverance that it took including problems or disappointments and how you overcame them. Covering the same ground in describing your courtship might be TMI.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello!!
1) my MCAT score
3) My upcoming marriage

HELP!!

Too easy. While the marriage thing may come off as sweet, it's not like it's unique.

I also vote #4.

Also, for many of these prompts, what you write about is not as important as what qualities and info about yourself you want to convey. Pick the experience that allows you to express/portray yourself in the way you desire, preferably in a manner not shown elsewhere in your app. I wrote about how proud I was of sticking up for and keeping in touch daily with this sick person, even while abroad at certain times, for the last decade and how it was something I was more proud of than any national honors I had won.