Providing Medicare services to residents at Assisted Living Facilities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicineMan99

Family Medicine Attending (DO)
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have an idea. Long story short I have connections with the owner of a chain of Assisted Living Facilities in New York state. I am also a Family Physician. This means I cannot diagnose or treat the residents in the facility, as they have their own private doctors.

That being said, I am trying to figure out a way to provide billable services to these residents without being their personal physician. The best example I can come up with is doing Medicare Annual Wellness visits on all the residents. Does anyone have any ideas for other things I can legally provide to these residents and get well-reimbursed by Medicare? Again, these are assisted living facilities- they are not nursing homes or rehab facilities.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

That being said, I am trying to figure out a way to provide billable services to these residents without being their personal physician. The best example I can come up with is doing Medicare Annual Wellness visits on all the residents.

!

that doesn't sound in any way to be ethical. What good does an annual wellness visit do on a patient who has another doc as their personal physician? I personally can not think of any way you can serve this group of patients