Psychology Statistics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TigerLilies

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does Psych Stats count in the BCPM or science GPA?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

TigerLilies said:
Does Psych Stats count in the BCPM or science GPA?

Thanks!

I didn't count it as BCPM because it was offered under the Psych department. AMCAS didn't correct that assumption when they verified.

my psych stats class was approved as a math course ==> BCPM GPA

Members don't see this ad :)
So I guess it just depends on how your designate the class. I also didn't put neuropsych under BCPM even though it was very much a science course because it was taught in the psych department. AMCAS didn't change that either.

Strange.

:thumbup: hmm thats a good question... hope we psyc majors can put that on our bcpm

titoincali said:
So I guess it just depends on how your designate the class. I also didn't put neuropsych under BCPM even though it was very much a science course because it was taught in the psych department. AMCAS didn't change that either.

Strange.

it defintely depends how you designate your psych courses. i took a lot of psych courses for my neuroscience major and the majority counted as bio for BCPM (according to my pre-med advisor).

So is the general consensus that Psych Stats counts as a math class? (Calculated in the science GPA.)

Thanks!

I really think it does depend on the title assigned to your class (MATH, PSYCH, etc.) I took a stats class necessary for anthro majors that could count as either MATH or PSYCH, and I choose the MATH designation just in case I was questioned on it later.

I would think it would be counted, but you could check with an advisor from the psych dept or your pre-med advisor.

It counted on mine. I put that it was a math course, and it has been verified as such.

What if you designate it as a math or bio course, and the amcaas rejects it. Does this hurt you in any way? Becuase my biopsych class was under Psy but could I just enter it as a bio because it was Heavy bio?