Psychology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yjj8817

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have read tpr psychology and I still feel like there are a lot of terms I am not familiar with on practice fls. Should I read read ek psych or Kaplan psych? Does khan academy psych help?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I have read tpr psychology and I still feel like there are a lot of terms I am not familiar with on practice fls. Should I read read ek psych or Kaplan psych? Does khan academy psych help?

Thanks!
You know, I think the best way is to just go through an AP psychology and AP sociology book. They'll go through more terms and concepts than TPR.

If you're cheap, just peruse the quizlet chapters for each book. Barron was recommended in another thread.

You know, I think the best way is to just go through an AP psychology and AP sociology book. They'll go through more terms and concepts than TPR.

If you're cheap, just peruse the quizlet chapters for each book. Barron was recommended in another thread.
It's unfair that the AAMC doesn't include everything necessary in the outline (or be a little more specific). I thought they were until I read some posts.. Why must we memorize/read up on hundreds of random terms/concept that might or might not show up?

If you are so inclined, Yale open courses has a great psych intro course by Paul Bloom on their site. Its well done, engaging, and definitely worth your time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are khan psych vids worth watching ? Or its better to just read tpr and use quizlet or a textbook?

Or would it be better to watch Yale bloom psych rather than khan academy psych? :/

Are khan psych vids worth watching ? Or its better to just read tpr and use quizlet or a textbook?

Or would it be better to watch Yale bloom psych rather than khan academy psych? :/

According to someone who wrote about their experience with the new MCAT on another thread, they highly recommend the Khan psych videos. Although questions may not be super representative of the actual test, it will nail down your content.