PsyD/PhD (Post Interview) 2023 (Current Grad students?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cherrygrl

Reaction score
Hi! I hope I'm doing this right LOL. I recently got invited back to a few PsyD program interviews and am waiting to hear back from a few as well. For those of you who heard back post interview already for the Fall 2023 semester or, are graduate students and went through the whole process already:

I was wondering when you heard back after interviewing? Please let me know and specify which program! (ex: USC PsyD, two weeks after interview) -- or if anyone has any advice too throw it in!!! Thank you. I do my interviews this week and I'm super nervous and don't know when I should be hearing back afterwards.

Members don't see this ad.

Gradcafe should have posts from past years too, so you can get a sense of when people heard back. It’s really hard to guess because it’s so different between programs. Some will notify informally the day after interviews, others will wait a few weeks to get all the paperwork in order. I’d recommend trying to keep your mind off of hearing back once interviews are over (although I know it’s easier said than done. Answers will come in their own time and it’s out of your hands.

Reactions: 1 user
Gradcafe should have posts from past years too, so you can get a sense of when people heard back. It’s really hard to guess because it’s so different between programs. Some will notify informally the day after interviews, others will wait a few weeks to get all the paperwork in order. I’d recommend trying to keep your mind off of hearing back once interviews are over (although I know it’s easier said than done. Answers will come in their own time and it’s out of your hands.
I appreciate your answer so much! I've been getting in my head after coming across some tweets/social media posts of people saying its their 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc cycle applying and it's gotten me so nervous!

I was able to find a few school info/dates on grad cafe!