PsyD programs in Sacramento, Ca. area

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brat242

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Help! I am in the third semester of my Masters (MFT) program at Chapman University. I want to try and find a great program that will combine the Masters and Psyd. I was looking at Alliant, but found that this school has some disparaging comments, so it is out of the running. I didn't really want to do the U.C.school system any longer, that is why I went private. Do I need to keep going as I am, and look into doing a PsyD when I move back to the East coast? I am relocating to Fl, probably after my Masters is finished in 2010. Or....does anyone know of a good combination program in the Sacramento area? Eventually I want to do Child Psychology. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, brat:)

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks. I did read these and they didn't address exactly what I needed to know. I was hoping that someone out there had better information pertaining to this dismal area. :) brat

I am also in the Sacramento metro, and I am also in a MFT program. I could only think of Alliant University. I don't know about other universities/colleges in the area. I have an aunt who is in the program at the Sacramento campus, and she has many good things to say about the program so if that is the only program that can accomodate what you're looking for, maybe you could look into the school more but if the comments you heard about the school has not been positive and you feel that school does not have what you're looking for then I think the closest colleges/universities would be in the Bay Area.

I'm sorry if I could not help you anymore. I also can not wait to get my Masters and move out of Sacramento.

-redbean85-