PTCAS Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTHopeful921

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a quick PTCAS question: under the section "coursework" do you have to literally enter every single college course that you took? or can you mail your transcripts to PTCAS and then have them uploaded or something along those lines. Also, for the Letter of Recommendation- has anyone found that having their LOR sent in on paper or over the email seems to work better for them and their packet? one last one: what seems to be the most tedious section while filling out this application, and how long does it usually take to fill it out in its entirety. I know that the new applications wont be available until July, but i havent filled one out before so i was just messing with the sections to see what all they entail. Thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

You have to input each class individually and send your transcripts. I haven't done the application yet, but I'm assuming that's the most tedious part....I guess I will just have to see in July.

Yes, the transcript section is definitely the most tedious and takes the longest. For the LOR's, I would suggest doing the electronic one because it is more convenient for most people. Filling out the application in its entirety takes a long time. As long as you are prepared with all the necessary information (transcripts, extra-curricular activity dates, essay, etc.) it won't be too frustrating. :D Just remember when filling that thing out... patients is a virtue :laugh:

Yes, the transcript part stinks, that is for sure. You have to individually enter each course, and then send your transcripts in so that they can verify that you filled everything in correctly.

As far as LOR, I did 1 electronic and 3 paper and the paper ones (and then mailed them to PTCAS) actually worked better for me. The electronic one caused a lot of grief and I had to deal with PTCAS customer service (aka the most unhelpful people you will meet) repeatedly on why the professor was not receiving the email to fill out the form. But, I know that most people do the electronic/don't have issues with it.

As far as how long it took me? I opened my account the first day it was available, so July 1st or whatever it was of last year and my first application did not go out until August 28th.

Time consuming? Yes.