PTCB Exam Help Pleasssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmhelp

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought i did very well on the test... and after i was done the computer said i failed????? but if your grade is automatically scored right after you finish then why does it say on the PTCB website that a panel of judges grade your test on the level of difficulty and in comparison to other test and also scale it afterward?

Please any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!!!!!!!!

https://www.ptcb.org/AM/Template.cf...emplate=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=2238

this is the proof!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I got my ptcb license four years ago. Mine was graded like a scan-tron so I can't really help you much. I have friends who took the exam using the computer and if the computer say you pass, you pass. If you fail, you have to retake it...again. (ouch another $240). Best of luck to you. All I can say is that if you know your brand-generic 20%, math 50%, and pharmacy law 10%, you pass the test. Pharmacology to me was really difficult which compose of 20%. Overall, study the math!!!.

hope these website help:
http://www.nationaltechexam.org/pdf/top-200-Brand-Generic-SalesByGeneric.pdf

You can even buy this for 19.99 and believe me, even if you are certified and plan to work or even go to pharmacy school...this top 200 drug flashcard will Definitely help big time.

http://www.nationaltechexam.org/pdf/top-200-Brand-Generic-SalesByGeneric.pdf

good luck with your future and test.

Wow, I didn't know it was humanly possible to fail.

OK, well, if you failed you failed. There's really nothing to do about it.

Pay the $129 entry fee and take it again.. if you want to. Although I'm not sure why you do. Getting a job w/o experience will be pretty much impossible.

Buy the Mosby's book from used Amazon, take all the practice exams, and you'll kill it.

do you have any experience working in a pharmacy? obviously you can't become a certified tech without passing the ptcb test and/or getting your state license if necessary, but you can start as a cashier and work your way up to a tech candidate/tech in training. personally i found real life experience/training and being able to ask questions on the job way more helpful for taking that test than studying. after working for a couple months, there wasn't too much i felt i needed to study besides things you don't learn much about in retail (IV drip rates, history, legal acts, reference books, etc). if you get a job at a chain, they'll usually pay for your exam and maybe even offer a test prep course. when i started as a tech at walgreen's, it was manditory to take their course if they were paying for your test, but you got paid while you were in the class as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, I didn't know it was humanly possible to fail.

OK, well, if you failed you failed. There's really nothing to do about it.

Pay the $129 entry fee and take it again.. if you want to. Although I'm not sure why you do. Getting a job w/o experience will be pretty much impossible.

Buy the Mosby's book from used Amazon, take all the practice exams, and you'll kill it.

Getting a job with no experience isn't really impossible. Try applying to every single CVS or Walgreens in your town. I went there and told them that I had no experience and they said it doesn't matter because they will put you at the register first and train you.

I agree, working in a pharmacy is the best way to pass the PTCB. I work for Walgreens and they offer a training class for people who want to take the test...I wasn't even working full-time in the pharmacy, and they paid me to take their class. They also covered the cost of my study materials and the test itself. Furthermore, the experience I gained while working in the pharmacy part time for about six months before taking the test really helped.

If you're really keen on getting certified, get your tech-in-training license and find a place where you can volunteer if you're not working already. The experience will look great to employers, as well as pharmacy schools. It should also help you pass when you take the test again.

...why does it say on the PTCB website that a panel of judges grade your test on the level of difficulty and in comparison to other test and also scale it afterward?

Sorry, forgot to respond to this part of the post.

I don't believe that an actual panel of judges judge your test themselves, just that different questions are worth more or less depending on their judged difficulty. So the really hard questions don't count against you as much if you miss them.

All you have to know is math. Conversions, to be more precise. If you nail that, you need not to worry about any generic/brand, insulin mixings, etc. etc. Math will give you the necessary 60% alone. Btw, how in the world did you fail? lol sorry sorry : )

All you have to know is math. Conversions, to be more precise. If you nail that, you need not to worry about any generic/brand, insulin mixings, etc. etc. Math will give you the necessary 60% alone. Btw, how in the world did you fail? lol sorry sorry : )

LIES!!!!!! pharm math is easy peasy lemon squezzy im in calc 2 i got every math question 100% correct!!!! but still failed :confused:

Hello, If anyone is struggling passing the PTCB exam or scared need that extra assurance, you are not alone! I have been there! I'm happy to help! I noticed many books out there make it harder than it needs to be! You don't need a tutor! You don't need to spend 10k for a school or 2k for one of those online schools. All you need is the right tools to pass the exam! I spent countless hours of hard sweat work to find the right tools that made it easy to understand. I passed the PTCB exam with flying colors on the first attempt! Contact me I can help [email protected]