Publications on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apparition

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do they mean only research publications. If I work for a magazine and have stuff published in the issues, does this go under publications or just my job description? Does anyone have experience with non-science publications?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Apparition said:
Do they mean only research publications. If I work for a magazine and have stuff published in the issues, does this go under publications or just my job description? Does anyone have experience with non-science publications?
Thanks.

I believe they mean scientific journal publications. I'd put the magazine stuff in the job description.

When I applied, I included that I wrote an article that was published in inChemistry magazine. When I emailed admissions offices to update my file, I included that I had a second article published in inChemistry. Both articles were for leisure reading and not research oriented. What I did worked for me and no questions ever came up in my interviews. If I were you, I would ask AMCAS by calling them or even ask admissions offices just to be sure.

Best of Luck to you!

What do I write in Experience name for publications? the title?