Puerto Rico Dental Licence by Credentials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ElCubanito

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to find out for a while about the licensing process for Puerto Rico. I have contacted the Junta Dental( PR Dental Board) at the PR Department of Health to no avail...I graduated form Tufts and have the WREB, 10 years experience. My question is to whether you can take out the PR dental license by credentials.... No info or application online is available. Kind of weird. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I'm not sure, but a friend told me if you want to practice in Puerto Rico, you should complete extra credits there, in a puerto Rican college, for that reason almost there are not foreign dentist there....because once you have a dentist license in USA nobody go there to take extra credits.
I have been trying to find out for a while about the licensing process for Puerto Rico. I have contacted the Junta Dental( PR Dental Board) at the PR Department of Health to no avail...I graduated form Tufts and have the WREB, 10 years experience. My question is to whether you can take out the PR dental license by credentials.... No info or application online is available. Kind of weird. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Hi, I'm not sure, but a friend told me if you want to practice in Puerto Rico, you should complete extra credits there, in a puerto Rican college, for that reason almost there are not foreign dentist there....because once you have a dentist license in USA nobody go there to take extra credits.

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

I'm not sure about the veracity of this....I've written to various people on Facebook to try to find out. I will try to do a detailed post once I have some info.