Pulmo Vista 500?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Paseo Del Norte

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with this device? Any good literature?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JhJaO-rhH8&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody have any experience with this device? Any good literature?

It looks like it's based upon respirophasic changes in electrical impedance. I know that thoracic impedance was investigated as a noninvasive method to determine cardiac output, with poor results. I don't know of any data for this particular application. With any device this new, the literature most likely involves studies funded by the manufacturer, so interpret with caution.

Apparently, EIT (electric impedance tomography) is not THAT new.

Physiol Meas. 1996 Nov;17 Suppl 4A:A159-66.
Physiol Meas. 2000 May;21(2):R1-21.
Crit Care Med 2005; 33[Suppl.]:S163–S169
Crit Care Med 2009; 37:713-724
Curr Opin Crit Care. 2011 Jun;17(3):260-7.

However, it seems that this is still a technology in evolution.

It looks like it's based upon respirophasic changes in electrical impedance. I know that thoracic impedance was investigated as a noninvasive method to determine cardiac output, with poor results. I don't know of any data for this particular application. With any device this new, the literature most likely involves studies funded by the manufacturer, so interpret with caution.

Thanks, that has also been my understanding. I just didn't know if there was some breakthrough or new literature not funded by Drager that was highly in favour of this technology.