Pulmonary Hypertension Devices

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted697535

So for pHTN we have:

inhaled NO
inhaled milrinone
inhaled Ilioprost (carbacyclin deriv of Pg I2)
inhlaed flolan (also PgI2 )

Does anyone have experience with the devices used to nebulise these in the OR. What do they look like? How to set up/troubleshoot?
The IV formulations are just on a regular pump - any other wisdom on these?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Used iNO. Comes in a big tank like device that sorta resembles a Neptune suction machine. Plugs inline to the circuit.

Reactions: 1 user
I've set up flolan, we do some critical care transport in my fellowship. It's pretty much an electronic aerosolizer that hooks into a t piece sort of thing onto the circuit, and then you drop the flolan into it either from a syringe pump or an IV pump. We use aerogen if you wanna look that up

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
We use iloprost. It has a T piece with a reservoir similar to the duoneb handheld "peace pipe" things except it's hooked to an electrical nebulizer that is an additional small square machine about 5"x7". Inject 1mL of iloprost at a time into the reservoir. Compact, very easy to use.

Anyone got any pics of the devices? Ive seen the aerogen one before! How do you calculate the dose per time of the flolan in that?

We use inhaled iNO in Cath lab for pHtn studies. iNO comes in a big blue/green cylinder attached to a portable digital screen. We hook the peace pipe looking tube extension into the inspiratory limb with its own sampling line and then use the digital screen/knob to set to 20 or 40 ppm.

In our ICUs, we use veletri (epoprostenol), delivered via syringe pump into the inspiratory limb for intubated pts, or can be run through facemask or nasal cannula with an adapter on our non-intubated patients.

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile

In our ICUs, we use veletri (epoprostenol), delivered via syringe pump into the inspiratory limb for intubated pts, or can be run through facemask or nasal cannula with an adapter on our non-intubated patients.

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile
Are you using an atomizer/nebulizer device? Is this in the OR as well or just ICU? I ask because the electronic nebulizer device (really, an atomizer) is incompatible with our Alaris ventilators.