PULMONARY QUESTION..LOW PO2 ..EMBOLUS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paleryder44

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello..I have quesiton. I was in ER with acute bronchitis..They did only a venous Blood gas. Chext X ray revealed left sided Atelectaseisis and acute bronchitis. What I am concerned over is the venous blood gas showed extremely low (even for venous) level of PO2 24 !! range 90-100 The O2 SAT was 40 (range 95+, The PCo2 wa 43 on venous (range 45 +_) and s also low at as well as I have chext pain on left side. Any sauggestion? Possible Pulm. embolism? Possible air bubble? I DO NOT HAVE COPD. (Multiple tests). I have a slow Diaghrapgm of the lungs due to spinel aurgery.

The bronchitis is under control... (a week of prenisone) but still have chest pain left side NOT HEART. Had angiogram and alreasdy have 6 stents. Angio was clean. NO additional arterial clogging Ideas? Chest pain is intermittent yet always present (worse at times even laying in bed) (walking does not make it worse). Seems to act like a long "spasm" of tightness, pressure pn left side of chest/. Lung X rays..2 different show no COLLAPSE... just left sided Atelectaseis// ideas on DX or tests?

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.