Push back step?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JBL1992

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Started dedicated around 3 weeks ago. Got a 185 at the very beginning, 194 a week and a half ago, and 198 today on the NMBEs. Test is in a week and a half. Should I move it? I feel like i know my really weak points and can really focus on it now (i got killed in biochem, embryology, and anatomy all 3 and I can focus on those). Improved on pharm a lot bc I've focusing on it. But it seems like too little time

Thoughts? Uworld 54%, all subjects random, althought I've been scoring high 50s and low 60s the last week or so

Members don't see this ad.

Started dedicated around 3 weeks ago. Got a 185 at the very beginning, 194 a week and a half ago, and 198 today on the NMBEs. Test is in a week and a half. Should I move it? I feel like i know my really weak points and can really focus on it now (i got killed in biochem, embryology, and anatomy all 3 and I can focus on those). Improved on pharm a lot bc I've focusing on it. But it seems like too little time

Thoughts? Uworld 54%, all subjects random, althought I've been scoring high 50s and low 60s the last week or so

Depends on your goals. If you're just looking to pass I would say study HARD on those weaknesses for 3 days straight. I'm talking if your awake, your studying. Take another NBME and see where you're at.

If that's a score your happy with, then don't push back.

Talk to your school first, there's about a +/- 10 points on the real thing from what I've heard. Do you want to go in there with a 200 NBME, and get a 190 on the real thing to have to retake or repeat a year.

On the other hand, if you can pull yourself to a 210, then it'd be safe to risk taking it instead of pushing back.

I pushed it back 4 more days. I will take a practice test next Sat. 210+ and I will not push it back further

Reactions: 1 users