putting DO on a MD secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Uafl112

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So im filling out UCFs secondary and they wanna know if I have had any new shadowing experiences, which I do. He is a neurosurgeon and he works for USF medical school and Florida Hospital, but hes a DO. Would it be a wise move to put this on the secondary? I personally dont see a problem considering that the surgery I have watched him perform, he was working it with an MD.

Members don't see this ad.

So im filling out UCFs secondary and they wanna know if I have had any new shadowing experiences, which I do. He is a neurosurgeon and he works for USF medical school and Florida Hospital, but hes a DO. Would it be a wise move to put this on the secondary? I personally dont see a problem considering that the surgery I have watched him perform, he was working it with an MD.

It will be fine to include. In this context, nobody cares whether it was MD or DO shadowing.

Reactions: 1 users
Allopathic schools aren't going to care about the letters after a physician's name (like some DO schools seem to), so there's no problem with including a DO's name on a shadowing experience.

Reactions: 1 user