Putting publication on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

princessbooty

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Under the AMCAS activities section titled "Publications," I put two publications, one of which I said was submitted and pending results. I know you are supposed to put papers that have been published in that section and this paper is not yet published but I included it as one of the entries in the section. Would this be considered an integrity violation or am I being overly nit-picky and paranoid about this issue?

Members don't see this ad.

If you had already had one published, some have said that it is fine to put a second that is in process. The first one is the meat of the entry, but more information is good. I'd say the second one shows more that you are continuing to work on whatever research you have.

Reactions: 1 user
I did not list my first-author paper that was under review under "Publications". I mentioned that I had one pending under the research as an activity. The reviewers rejected the paper while my primary was being verified, so I'm not regretting any choices I made there.

Have the papers been submitted and accepted for publication?

One of the papers has been accepted and the second one I listed as "submitted-pending results" came back yesterday with editors inviting us for revisions. Now that I think about things, I think the way I listed things is ok. If I had instead listed both as publications without mentioning one was in progress, then it would count as inappropriate information b/c it is not actually published yet.