Quality of Life at Postbacc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ryanmcwhorter34

Reaction score
Hi all! I am currently looking into postbacc programs and will be applying in the fall for the 24/25 year. I think I'm in a good place for my application right now: I have clinical volunteering experience, work in 2 labs, shadowed 100+ hours, and have 3.97 from a t20 undergrad school. I am looking into schools like BM, Goucher, and Scripps, and really want to know what the quality of life is like at these schools. I know that it is intense and fast, but I want to know people's experiences and recommendations for maintaining a high quality of life during this year. Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Out of curiosity, why are you opting for a formal post-bacc with a stellar gpa from a top school? It seems like a high risk, low reward proposition--and probably significantly more expensive than a DIY post-bacc.

Reactions: 1 users
Out of curiosity, why are you opting for a formal post-bacc with a stellar gpa from a top school? It seems like a high risk, low reward proposition--and probably significantly more expensive than a DIY post-bacc.
Personally, I like having the structure. And while it definitely is more expensive, I do really like the idea of linkages to remove a year. I feel that cost-wise, it will sort of even out since cost of living in the area I am at is ridiculous so saving a year there would be nice. However, if you have a recommendation for what I should do, please let me know!! I had a significant health scare this past year, and I settled on making the switch just last month. Everyone recommended doing a postbacc, but if you have advice I'd love to hear it.