Quarantine Motivation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nawrp11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, hope everyone's holding up in these whacky times

So its been about a month and a half since I've been essentially teaching myself medical school. How are y'all faring? As much as I've been skilled in making myself motivated in the past to study, this just seems like a different beast...how are you guys keeping yourselves motivated to put the work in day in and day out?

Members don't see this ad.

TBH, my standards have lowered a bit. It also helps that the material is a bit easier at my school right now. I have been bad at staying on task, though, and the night before one of our last exams I realized I had forgotten to study a couple lectures. It was a fun night.

One thing that's helped me has been trying as many different study spots as I can. I even got permission to go to my church to study since it's almost always empty due to quarantine. Just do whatever you can to make it feel like a fresh setting: Location, lighting, smells, sound - anything to mix it up. It's helped me.

Just think about that 2XX, whatever it is. That should keep you going everytime you wanna get distracted. If positive motivation doesn't work for you, try fear. Think about the debt. Or even worse, getting forced into a field/location/program you don't want. I do that all the time. Like "Boy, would it sure suck to be working at a derm sweatshop in California! I better kill step!"

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Get a study buddy and do zoom sessions. I have a couple of buddies and we will jump on zoom and watch a boards or RX or sketchy video, do the associated cards, and then do Qbank questions over the material. This is pretty much what we did when we were meeting in person.

I'm just trying to think about how the harder I study now while I'm physically stuck inside the less I'll have to do that during dedicated/ the less stressed I'll be when we enter post covid times and can actually enjoy our lives lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using SDN mobile