Quarter units

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MolarBear_

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

For several schools, they require 3 semester units or 5 quarter units for biochemistry. I went to a UC and almost all classes are 4 quarter units, including the biochem class I took there. Do I need to take another biochem class or do you think most schools would be somewhat lenient on an issue like this?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

For several schools, they require 3 semester units or 5 quarter units for biochemistry. I went to a UC and almost all classes are 4 quarter units, including the biochem class I took there. Do I need to take another biochem class or do you think most schools would be somewhat lenient on an issue like this?
From experience most let it slide, but call or email the schools specifically to double check. If there are any 6+ unit classes, then you'll definitely need another. They'll also let you know during the interview when they check your prereqs but better to find out now rather than trying to find last minute enrollment openings in winter/spring post interview