Question about AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMade

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have couple of questions:

1) Let's say I take a course in fall 2010 (August - December), then spring of 2011 (January - May), then summer of 2011 (June - July).

So, when I enter the year for the summer class 2011 (June - July), do I put summer for 2010 - 2011 or 2011 - 2012?

The reason I'm asking is I always thought school year was Fall, Spring, then Summer (not Summer, Fall, Spring), but when I put summer 2010 - 2011 it lists summer first before fall and spring.

2) Also, lets say for whatever reason there is an error or discrepancies when I submit the application such as name of course not being same as the course I enter on AMCAS or course not being categorized in the right section.

Do they just correct it for you or do they make you resubmit it?

I don't want to submit it, then after several weeks they get around to reviewing it only for it to be not in the course category they think it should.

3) Also, does it matter how I label certain years as freshmen, sophomore, junior, senior?

I'm a non-traditional and went back to college with a different major. Should I just go by credit or does my first year going back to college with new major start me at freshmen?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I don't understand how you would go back a year...?

School year is Summer, Fall, Spring (i.e. summer between 2nd year and 3rd year counts as 3rd year), not Fall, spring, summer. So if your 2nd year is 2009-2010 and 3rd year is from 2010-2011, the summer course would be in the 2010-2011 year.

In your case, that summer would fall to the next school year 2011-2012.

You get up to 5 (i think it was 5?) mistakes/discrepancies where they correct it for you. Anything more than that limit you have to resubmit