Question about anatomy, physiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ryan08

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am very interested in University of the Pacific and after looking over their requirements, they state that they want 6 quarters of "Biological Sciences."
http://dental.pacific.edu/Academic_...ntal_Surgery/DDS_Admissions_Requirements.html

I am planning on taking Human Anatomy(ZOO234/234L) and Human Physiology(ZOO 235/235L) but am scared because my school lists them under Zoology instead of Biology. Will Pacific as well as other schools deny these courses as Biology just because they say "ZOO" instead of "BIO"??? or do they only look at course name and description??

Thanks..

Members don't see this ad.

Actually, I just figured out why they're listed as "ZOO." Zoology is considered a sub-plan of the Biology degree (Not a major), so all Zoology classes are really controlled by the Biology department.

So you should be fine. If you are not sure about it, email an admissions counselor at UOP and ask them. They deal with stuff like this all the time. If they say they will accept it, make sure you save the email so when it comes time to apply they dont re neg