Question about CLEP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thordinson

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if I CLEP'd general biology if DO schools would accept the upper division classes as the prereqs instead of the intro/general classes.

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if I CLEP'd general biology if DO schools would accept the upper division classes as the prereqs instead of the intro/general classes.
I think you have to take every prerequisite, no CLEPing out of it. Double check that, but I think it is very strange they even allow you to CLEP out of a core class...I wouldn't want to do that even if I could.

I'm just wondering if the upper division classes would then count as the prerequisite. I would still have the Biology hours but in higher level classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just wondering if the upper division classes would then count as the prerequisite. I would still have the Biology hours but in higher level classes.
No, prerequisites are very specific to the classes they have listed, if physiology is a prerequisite, then you MUST take physiology. I am sure there may be a sort of "case by case basis" for certain schools that would accept this idea, but you would have to ask EVERY school if they would allow it and it would cause a lot of unnecessary stress. Just take the prerequisites and go on.

Oh ok. So general biology is specifically general biology and not just any biology class? Got it.