Question about expired MCATs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jadealer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do schools still look at your expired MCAT scores?

I took the MCAT in August 2006 and did horrible on it 24P (B:8, P:7, V:9). My best friend died two weeks prior to my exam, and I was nowhere near the correct frame of mind for a difficult exam.

I retook it again in September 2009, and scored better but not as well as I hoped, 29P (B:11, P:8, V:10).

I still applied though very late (October primary adn Nov/Dec secondaries)to 22 schools and got 3 interviews and placed on 3 waitlists (Drexel, Commonwealth Medical, and Wake Forest).

I am currently studying for my third MCAT and hoping to break into the 30s. Does anyone know if my MCAT from 2006 will haunt me if I reapply since it would be my third MCAT? Should I even address the circumstances surrounding this event or just try to not draw attention to it?

Members don't see this ad.

They MIGHT look, but they won't factor them. That's the general rule of thumb, it seems, as the scores are sent to them but they won't let it affect your admissions.

That being said, they still look at them... o_O Sorry if I didn't answer your question, but their official stance is "no."

btw, what is your GPA (for my own edification)?

They MIGHT look, but they won't factor them. That's the general rule of thumb, it seems, as the scores are sent to them but they won't let it affect your admissions.

That being said, they still look at them... o_O Sorry if I didn't answer your question, but their official stance is "no."

btw, what is your GPA (for my own edification)?

My cGPA was 3.8 with a sGPA of 3.65 with a dual major in Biotechnology and animal science. It sucks, but alot of my animal sci classes were not included in my sGPA because they are call "animal science" though they involved alot of physiology and anatomy. Its lame. :/