Question about FSU Secondary question...did I violate the law?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Concept21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just about to submit my FSU secondary, and this is one of the questions:

"Have you ever been charged with a violation of the law which resulted in, or if still pending could result in, probation, community service, a jail sentence, or the revocation or suspension of your driver's license (including traffic violations which resulted in a fine of $200 or more)?"

3 years ago or so, I received a ticket for a minor traffic offense. I had to pay it by a certain date. The court did not receive my payment in time, though I sent it out 2 weeks prior to the due date. They suspended my license. I found out, and I talked to a lady at the court who told me to just come in person and pay the fine and my license would be reinstated and there would be no issues.

Do I need to mark yes for this question? I can't decide if I was "charged" with a "violation of the law" due to this, or if it's something I don't need to worry about.

I'm very concerned about marking yes, especially because they have NO explanation box for this question for some reason. I really don't want to get screened out for such a stupid thing.

Let me know what you all think, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Have you ever been charged with a violation of the law which resulted in ... the revocation or suspension of your driver's license?"

They suspended my license.

Sounds like you need to mark yes. I'd assume an explanation box will show up after you've clicked yes.

OP, this is a simple yes/no question, and the answer in your case is clearly yes. Just answer yes and explain what happened. The consequences of being caught lying about something like this on your app will be far worse than the consequences of having to disclose that your license once got suspended for not paying a traffic ticket on time.

In general, it is never a good idea to lie on your medical career apps for any reason, and especially when you're applying to a government-run entity.

Reactions: 1 user