Question about GPAs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WSUWarrior012

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What GPAs exactly are calculated that pharmacy schools look at? Obviously PharmCAS and undergraduate GPA but do they also look at science GPA and math GPA? Or are science and math GPA calculated together? I know it may depend on certain schools (for me Wayne State) but which ones exactly are the biggest factors?

Thank You

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for that, but my main question was which GPA is the biggest factor that pharmacy schools look at?

Cumulative GPA of course. Why ?? Because schools have GPA cutoff. So they're gonna look at your cGPA first, if it does not meet their cutoff, you know what will happen to your application :) LoL

Cumulative GPA of course. Why ?? Because schools have GPA cutoff. So they're gonna look at your cGPA first, if it does not meet their cutoff, you know what will happen to your application :) LoL

the cGPA cutoff is a fact, and your cGPA will have to meet that cutoff for school's initial consideration of your application.

here is my speculation: pharmacy schools would probably care more about sGPA than cGPA because pharmacy is more about math, chemistry, and biology.

So they would initially screen your application based on cGPA, then filter down candidates with sGPAs.

the cGPA cutoff is a fact, and your cGPA will have to meet that cutoff for school's initial consideration of your application.

here is my speculation: pharmacy schools would probably care more about sGPA than cGPA because pharmacy is more about math, chemistry, and biology.

So they would initially screen your application based on cGPA, then filter down candidates with sGPAs.
Oh yeah that is true Wayne State's cutoff is a 3.0 but I am well above that with a 3.76 WSU GPA and a 3.4 community college GPA (so my PharmCAS undergrad GPA will be about 3.65) along with a 3.72 science and math GPA. Thank you for your input!

Oh yeah that is true Wayne State's cutoff is a 3.0 but I am well above that with a 3.76 WSU GPA and a 3.4 community college GPA (so my PharmCAS undergrad GPA will be about 3.65) along with a 3.72 science and math GPA. Thank you for your input!

If you got a 80-90's percentile on the PCAt, you could probably pick schools. GL !! :)

If you got a 80-90's percentile on the PCAt, you could probably pick schools. GL !! :)
Yeah that's what I am aiming for I just ordered Dr. Collins so hopefully It will work it's magic on my score lol! Thank you!