Question About Junior/Senior Year Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flossiraptor863

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

So I'm currently starting my junior year spring semester and I plan on applying this summer. I'm a non-science major, and I still need to take Physics 2, Physics Lab, and Biochemistry. I'm currently enrolled in all 3 of them, but I keep hearing more and more bad things about my Biochem prof. A few people I've spoken to have actually been told (by their advisors) to drop his class to save their GPA. Normally harder professors don't bother me, but this semester is a unique scenario. My sGPA is a 3.26 and according to my school's committee, it's important that I keep my sGPA above 3.25. Additionally, I need to do a significant amount of traveling this semester for a number of different reasons and it's definitely going to take a toll on study time.

Other factors to consider would be that I need to take a W for the class (which I've never done before), the fact that my credit count would drop from 17 to 14, and the fact that I need to gather some more volunteer hours this semester.

I'm considering moving biochemistry to first semester senior year, after applying in June (I'm allowed to do this, right?), to get a different biochem professor.

If it matters at all for the discussion, my DAT was a 22AA/21TS and being a non-science major, I average 6-8 credits of science courses each semester.

I would love your input!

Members don't see this ad.

Move it. As long you can still maintain a full time status, I don't see the problem. Keep in mind, if you move it to next fall, you might be traveling for dental school interviews.

When did you take the DAT? I am currently a Junior right now as well and I have no idea how to start studying...