Question about LoR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aiikookie

PrePod
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So when picking classes for LoRs, does the class have to be a science class or does the professor have to be a science professor?

Also, our bio department head is teaching a class this summer called "Organisms and the Environment" and this is the description: Organisms interacting with other organisms and with their physical environment. Ecological impacts of human activity. This course is offered on-campus and as a distance course. (Intended for non-majors and students requiring preparation for BIOL-1111 and BIOL-1101.)(Not counted for credit in any Faculty of Science program.) (2 lecture hours a week.)

I do not have to take this class. But, should I do it in order to get a LoR from the department head?

Members don't see this ad.

Different schools have different requirements for LoR's, but usually science letters are best from core sciences like gc/oc/bioc, etc.

Quality of letter >>> person who's writing it, I would much rather have a quality letter from a prof vs. a lukewarm one from a dept head