Question about MCAT and DO schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Isotopes

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
z

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
DO cycle is long. Taking a class is not the only way to learn the material, but it is surely a good way. Schools do look at the best score. However, if you decide to retake, you need to make sure you do better.

DO cycle is long. Taking a class is not the only way to learn the material, but it is surely a good way. Schools do look at the best score. However, if you decide to retake, you need to make sure you do better.

Thanks for your response! Do DO schools consider the first MCAT score like MD schools do?

Thanks for your response! Do DO schools consider the first MCAT score like MD schools do?

I don't think they look at it much differently from MD schools; that is they look if your score has improved!

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think they look at it much differently from MD schools; that is they look if your score has improved!
I'm afraid I'll get screened out with my first MCAT score...should I apply to one school first to get verified and then wait to apply to others once my new MCAT is released?

I'm afraid I'll get screened out with my first MCAT score...should I apply to one school first to get verified and then wait to apply to others once my new MCAT is released?

It depends on what your MCAT is. But what you described is a great plan.