Question about MCAT and When to take it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daniellevk

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im graduating sort of late. Ill be graduating fall 2016 because ill have half a year of nothing. Can i take the mcat Spring 2017 and get into medical school Fall 2017? Or am i supposed to take the MCAT fall 2016?

Members don't see this ad.

If you want to get into medical school in fall 2017, then you apply for it fall 2016.
So your MCAT need to have been taken by the time you apply- so fall 2016.

Okay, because
If you want to get into medical school in fall 2017, then you apply for it fall 2016.
So your MCAT need to have been taken by the time you apply- so fall 2016.
Okay so is it okay for me to take it Towards december 2016? or is that too late? And because i graduate in Fall 2016 i have almost a year off, is there any schools that take right away in winter?

Sorry my advisors are no good and can't find any help.

Okay, because

Okay so is it okay for me to take it Towards december 2016? or is that too late? And because i graduate in Fall 2016 i have almost a year off, is there any schools that take right away in winter?

Sorry my advisors are no good and can't find any help.
MCAT exam timetable concludes in September each year. I should probably back up a bit because for Fall 2017 admissions, you would actually be filling out AMCAS in June 2016. So that means you should have an MCAT score ideally by the time you apply, but you can certainly take it in Aug/Sept. but it might cause a delay to your application.

If I were you, I would focus on preparing for MCAT this fall and take it in Jan or March 2016. That way you will have your score in by the time you apply to medical schools for an early submission.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you want to apply this cycle and get in next year, you're going to have to take it some time between now and July. Any later and you'll be doing yourself a huge disservice because the later you apply, the smaller the chance of you getting an interview slot.

If you're adamant about getting in next year, you're going to have work your butt off and take the mcat in a month or two. If that's not a realistic goal for you, then take a gap year and take it some time before next summer.

If you want to apply this cycle and get in next year, you're going to have to take it some time between now and July. Any later and you'll be doing yourself a huge disservice because the later you apply, the smaller the chance of you getting an interview slot.

If you're adamant about getting in next year, you're going to have work your butt off and take the mcat in a month or two. If that's not a realistic goal for you, then take a gap year and take it some time before next summer.

Okay so to get in Fall 2017, i need to take my mcat Spring/Summer 2016?

Graduating in 4.5 years is for all practical purposes the same as graduating in 5 years. We can provide with more specifics if you let us know where you stand in terms of prerequisites.

I have finished all my general education. in the fall i will be taking organic chemistry and cell biology and then ill have 5 other bio classes to take such as evolution,genetics,biochem