Question about MCAT score release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

godot

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, AMCAS has totally suprised me and exceeded my expectations by completing the review of my app in a mere 5 business days! So my app's been sent out to my designated schools with my old MCAT scores from last April. Will AMCAS release my April 2005 scores immediately to my designated schools when they're posted today/tomorrow? Don't want to schools to screen my app based on my old, mediocre scores (not to say my new scores will be better...).

Members don't see this ad.

It was my impression that schools didn't download applications until the first week in July or so. However, if I'm wrong, don't despair. Providing you designated you were taking the April MCAT on your app, they will get an updated score for you.

I have a question too, how do you know if the AAMC has received your transcript? I looked around but didn't see a spot for where your calculated GPA would be displayed. I sent it out on Friday or so.

don't worry, you'll get an email saying that they received said transcript.

You can see your calculated GPA by printing out the application from the main screen. The area is blank untill your grades are verified.