question about most meaningful activities.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Forssmann

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so is it a bad idea to use the stories from my old secondaries in my primary as most meaningful experiences?

I obviously won't recycle it word for word... I was just wondering if i could reuse the stories.

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, I would re-write my secondaries from scratch. If the same experiences are still the most meaningful, I would use them but still re-write the entry itself.

Don't change things just for the sake of having something different there than the list time you applied, but don't re-use everything. Schools want to see how you have improved your application.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If some of the activities you talked about in your secondaries are truly the top 3 most meaningful ones to you, then by all means you should. However, you should definitely re-write them. Advice: try writing the most meaningful sections without ever looking at your secondaries. Then you can go back and see if you missed any important details that you want to include.

When I rewrote my personal statement, I started completely from scratch. I re-examined why I want to go on this path, and what my "story" is. Truth is, if the activities are significant, mentioning them in your PS is almost inevitable as they would've shaped your path to medicine. It would be reasonable to bring up in part how the meaningful activities contribute to the bigger picture, then elaborate on the individual activities during activities section.