Question about my tootache

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bo Hurley

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recently I've been getting a weird kind of tootache. It's usually fine but sometimes when I bend down or get up after sitting down for a long time I get this weird tootache that seems to pulsate with my heart beat. It doesn't hurt as much as it's a funny feeling of pulsations in that tooth that seem to go along with my heart beat. It's the tooth right next to the wisdom tooth at the back of my mouth at the bottom. What is it?

Members don't see this ad.

Bo Hurley said:
Recently I've been getting a weird kind of tootache. It's usually fine but sometimes when I bend down or get up after sitting down for a long time I get this weird tootache that seems to pulsate with my heart beat. It doesn't hurt as much as it's a funny feeling of pulsations in that tooth that seem to go along with my heart beat. It's the tooth right next to the wisdom tooth at the back of my mouth at the bottom. What is it?

I'm not in dental school yet, but I've been a dental assistant for four years and it sounds like you might need a root canal........See a Dentist ASAP!!

usdental said:
I'm not in dental school yet, but I've been a dental assistant for four years and it sounds like you might need a root canal........See a Dentist ASAP!!

Oh ****e, Buckle up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like it might be some sort of sinus problem - not necessarily a toothache.

All we can tell you is go see a dentist. SDN isn't really meant for diagnosis issues really.

1-16-17-32 said:
Sounds like it might be some sort of sinus problem - not necessarily a toothache.

not likely if its a lower tooth.......see a dentist

usdental said:

I'm not a dental student yet but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night :D ! Sorry couldn't resist. Anyway, Bo see a dentist and all will be ok------there are so many possibilities.

Dr.2b said:
I'm not a dental student yet but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night :D ! Sorry couldn't resist. Anyway, Bo see a dentist and all will be ok------there are so many possibilities.

Ahem... that's Holiday Inn Express thank you very much. :p

I was reading the other day that toothache can sometimes be one of the symptoms included in Acute Coronary Syndrome. You might be having acute myocardial ischemia my friend!!!! Now, I'm not a dentist, nor a doctor, nor anything much... but in my opinion you should rush yourself to a cath. lab immediately!!! :eek:

delicious said:

I was reading the other day that toothache can sometimes be one of the symptoms included in Acute Coronary Syndrome. You might be having acute myocardial ischemia my friend!!!! Now, I'm not a dentist, nor a doctor, nor anything much... but in my opinion you should rush yourself to a cath. lab immediately!!! :eek:
Yes well... I WORKED at a Holiday Inn EXPRESS for 2 YEARS. And I have no idea whats wrong with your tooth...so you had better get to a dentist and FAST. :D

delicious said:

Ahem... I was reading the other day that a toothache... :p Thank you very much. :D

Dr.2b said:
Ahem... I was reading the other day that a toothache... :p Thank you very much. :D
:laugh: :laugh: I stand corrected!!

usdental said:
not likely if its a lower tooth.......see a dentist

It could be the submandibular sinus - and those can be particularly nasty infections to get rid of.

Everytime I get a sinus infection, I have the same feeling in my upper teeth. I can feel *pain*, (or something like pain), in my teeth everytime I take a hard step. For me, effectively clearing up the sinus infection always cures my tooth ailments, though it takes a long time sometimes.

12YearOldKid said:
It could be the submandibular sinus - and those can be particularly nasty infections to get rid of.
No kidding...must be hard to get therapeutic doses of antibiotic into an anatomic feature that doesn't exist. :D

aphistis said:
No kidding...must be hard to get therapeutic doses of antibiotic into an anatomic feature that doesn't exist. :D
Damnnnn, tough crowd :D
12yearoldkid probably meant Maxillary! It just came out wrong :D

La Miraflorina said:
Everytime I get a sinus infection, I have the same feeling in my upper teeth. I can feel *pain*, (or something like pain), in my teeth everytime I take a hard step. For me, effectively clearing up the sinus infection always cures my tooth ailments, though it takes a long time sometimes.
Toothache of Maxillary Sinus Origin, Nonodontogenic toothache. Pain increased by bending body forward. Constant dull ache, pain in multiple teeth, usually back (posterior) teeth. Amoxicillin and a topical decongestant are usually prescribed. Did you go to a dentist?

lnn2 said:
Damnnnn, tough crowd :D
12yearoldkid probably meant Maxillary! It just came out wrong :D
12yearoldkid and aphistis were both joking. Damn.

It's not a sinus problem. You're second molar has either a cavity getting close to the nerve (most likely) or a periodontal defect causing pain.

sounds like a symptom of symptomatic irreversible pulpitis. But its better if you have your dentist take a look at it. ]

Bo Hurley said:
Recently I've been getting a weird kind of tootache. It's usually fine but sometimes when I bend down or get up after sitting down for a long time I get this weird tootache that seems to pulsate with my heart beat. ... What is it?

Your toot-ache is likely just gas pain from indigestion or even constipation. Bending at the wait is exacerbating the pain as you constrict the space of your digestive organs attempting to process whatever it is you recently ate.

Bo Hurley said:
It's the tooth right next to the wisdom tooth at the back of my mouth at the bottom. What is it?
It's the 2nd molar.