question about physio renal filtration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalguy6596

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Between "inulin" and "creatinine", which one is used to measure Glomerular Filtration Rate?

My understanding is that Inulin is 100% filtered and neither secreted nor reabsorbed. Creatinine is also 100% filtered and not reabsorbed but a small amount is secreted and therefore creatinine excretion exceeds filtration by 10-20%

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

Between "inulin" and "creatinine", which one is used to measure Glomerular Filtration Rate?

My understanding is that Inulin is 100% filtered and neither secreted nor reabsorbed. Creatinine is also 100% filtered and not reabsorbed but a small amount is secreted and therefore creatinine excretion exceeds filtration by 10-20%

thanks.

creatinine

reason being ..we have to infuse inulin whereas creatinine is present in body..

Hi,

thanks.
creatinine