Question about rads publication?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docmd2010

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i'm applying this year, and am a do student, i have a decent step 1 score, and took step 2 early-waiting to hear back, should have good LOR's etc etc, have good clinical grades.

I'm doing a research project with a prominent MSK guy, and should hopefully have a 1st author radiology publication by the end of september. (submitting it at end of august, My PI says that it will take one month). if it gets accepted, of course I will update it on ERAS, but do you think that programs will download this new info?

I have a lot of research exp. but not publications. do you think a first authored radiology pub will help me a lot in the app process? or do you think it will be of minimal benefit?

Members don't see this ad.

I entered research in ERAS as "submitted for publication". It turns out that it didn't get published until July of my intern year. I don't think the program directors cared. They're interested in your research inasmuch as it indicates the likelihood that you'll produce research for publication while a resident in their program. Having the research already in print is nice, but the compelling point is that you've done the research and prepared it for publication.