Question about References!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DedicationNSU11

P4
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did a search, but didn't find any info on the subject. So I recently decided to apply for the 2010 entering class of pharmacy school, but with a pessimistic mindset. I know I'm applying pretty late, but anyway...let's say I manage to find 3 references (1 R.Ph., two science profs.) in basically lightspeed. If I were to not get accepted for this next fall, would it be dumb to use the same references when I apply again for the 2011 entering class (maybe even the same letter from the reference)? What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks for any help. It may cancel my decision to go ahead and apply for the 2010 and just wait till I've finished everything and can get some good references with time.

Members don't see this ad.

I know one of the schools I'm applying to has a time limit on the letters of reference (must have been written within 6 months of application).

Personally, the letters might look a little stale if they're from a previous application cycle. If nothing else, you could just ask them to give you a copy with a fresh date on it. :)

I know one of the schools I'm applying to has a time limit on the letters of reference (must have been written within 6 months of application).

Personally, the letters might look a little stale if they're from a previous application cycle. If nothing else, you could just ask them to give you a copy with a fresh date on it. :)

I concur. The only other thing I would add is to ensure your references are quality. If your reference can only write 5 sentences about you, I would encourage you to find a different reference.

Its definitely not to late - focus on schools at this point that do not conduct rolling admissions - they have not even begun to interview yet.