Question about talking about marriage and trying to have kids in medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

labtech312

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been married for about two years now and my wife and I want to start having kids pretty much as soon as I figure out where I am going to school. I am about to finish a SMP with a 3.94 and I have a 516 MCAT. So I am confident/hopeful that I will get in somewhere this cycle. It is our game plan to start trying to have a child and plant our roots down pretty much wherever I get an acceptance. We know it will be hard, but we are a good team, and we are confident that we can handle it. I was thinking about perhaps talking about this in a secondary essay or in the "is there anything else you would like to tell us" portion of a secondary. Would it be appropriate to talk about something like this in a secondary/has anyone else been in a similar situation?

Thanks for any input!

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure this would enhance your application. I wouldn't mention it.

Reactions: 1 users
I have been married for about two years now and my wife and I want to start having kids pretty much as soon as I figure out where I am going to school. I am about to finish a SMP with a 3.94 and I have a 516 MCAT. So I am confident/hopeful that I will get in somewhere this cycle. It is our game plan to start trying to have a child and plant our roots down pretty much wherever I get an acceptance. We know it will be hard, but we are a good team, and we are confident that we can handle it. I was thinking about perhaps talking about this in a secondary essay or in the "is there anything else you would like to tell us" portion of a secondary. Would it be appropriate to talk about something like this in a secondary/has anyone else been in a similar situation?

Thanks for any input!
I don't that this a good answer.

Look at all the prompts and see if there's anything else you want to mention that wasn't asked for. For example, if they didn't ask "Why our school"? this would be the place to delineate why

Reactions: 1 user