Question about this video

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iso4ane

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

So I'm pretty sure most of you have seen this video. But, there is one part I can't figure out, he clearly is using the spray as you go technique at ~2:43, but he seems to be able to make it spray by depressing the suction. Now how is this setup? I've tried hooking up the syringe directly, but when I depressed suction, no Novocaine was sprayed; it just when up the suction side. What am I missing? I'm guessing the three-way stopcock plays a role?

Members don't see this ad.

Take the tubing for an O2 facemask, cut the mask off, hook one end to O2, the other end to the "suction" port. Works great for FOB. suction will pull mucus towards the camera and goop it up, O2 blows it away from the camera

Oh, just looked at the video and saw what you're referring to. I don't have an answer, sorry.

He’s using the sampling port to spray 1-2ml lidocaine, and then he has the O2 hooked up to the “suction”.

The 2ml of lidocaine are then loaded into the fiberoptix scope and the o2 flushes the lidocaine into the airway.