Question about TPR PS section from Test A

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

el.harpo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else took this exam from the Tests A-D book and could comment on how it compares to Kaplan PS sections and AAMC PS sections (especially April'05). If you could post any score differences between the tests then that would be pretty helpful to gauge where I'm at.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

el.harpo said:
I was wondering if anyone else took this exam from the Tests A-D book and could comment on how it compares to Kaplan PS sections and AAMC PS sections (especially April'05). If you could post any score differences between the tests then that would be pretty helpful to gauge where I'm at.

Thanks

The A-D PS sections are pretty difficult in general. The AAMC Practice Test PS sections are significantly easier than these tests. However, from reading others' posts about the April '05 MCAT, the AAMC PS sections are becoming increasingly difficult and not very reflective of the PS sections on the AAMC Practice Tests.

So, I'd say that the A-D tests are harder than the real deal, but not completely inaccurate predictors. Be sure to review all the explanations. On a sidenote, I find Kaplan PS sections to be much harder than Tests A-D.

It's hard. I've found the 49xx tests from TPR completely to be completely do-able (maybe even on the easy side) for the PS section. The A-D tests though seemed to be filled with lots of little tricks, or problems that are slightly more complicated. If you have time, I highly recommend going through some of them, just don't get too discouraged if you get a low score. Strangely enough though, I did pretty amazing on the bio section for test A (the only one I've taken).... higher than my 49 series diags.

Yea. Try 4941. That exam is really challenging. The verbal felt like a marathon!! Take it, you will see.

Mister Pie said:
It's hard. I've found the 49xx tests from TPR completely to be completely do-able (maybe even on the easy side) for the PS section. The A-D tests though seemed to be filled with lots of little tricks, or problems that are slightly more complicated. If you have time, I highly recommend going through some of them, just don't get too discouraged if you get a low score. Strangely enough though, I did pretty amazing on the bio section for test A (the only one I've taken).... higher than my 49 series diags.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to review all my mistakes and maybe do Test B soon.

frankrizzo18 said:
Yea. Try 4941. That exam is really challenging. The verbal felt like a marathon!! Take it, you will see.

Hehe I don't do TPR Verbal :p. I find EK to be more interesting and do-able.

I did the PS section from 4961...it seemed really easy at first and I finished ~20 minutes early but turns out I made waaaay too many mistakes. I'll try 4941 if I have time (after I finish all the AAMC and maybe 1 or 2 Kaplan PS sections).

frankrizzo18 said:

I don't have it, but I believe you. Some of the practice tests released by these companies are pretty darn hard!

no kidding. i just did practice test 2 from kaplan's mcat practice book and the verbal on that was insane. there were multiple passages with 90+ lines. and apparently, a score of 38/60 is a 6?!?! every other scale i've seen for VR has that as an 8 or 9 but apparently, the people who took this VR section must have all been english profs or something, cause the curve is insane.

Seems like the TPR Tests A-D are definitely harder...I saw a 3 point increase from Test A PS to AAMC 5R today.