Question about when to apply.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoc193

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I attend Drexel University and we're on a trimester system. Due to this, our final term only ends June 17th, with finals grades around the 21st. I was wondering how I would send in my Medical School apps, cause I was planning on sending them in the first day that they were allowed to be submitted. Would I just have to wait until I get the final grades, or would they just be updated on the AAMCAS app?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Send your interim transcript in and have your primary application verified as soon as possible. One semester of grades wouldn't have much impact (unless you fail some courses but unlikely), and you could always update AAMCAS or the schools with those courses later.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm actually taking a bunch of science courses next term that I should do very well in, so I expect my science GPA to increase a good amount (like .1). When you say update AAMCAS later, how much later do you mean? Like after verifications or before?

Would applying June 21st be that bad?

Last edited:
If you could get your grades by June 21st, then it should be okay. Also, if your sGPA could go up by 0.1, then it might be worth the wait.