Question for Barry students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cjz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you that came out of state or did not already live close to the campus, did you need a car? For getting to campus from your house/apt/condo, shopping, going out, etc? It doesn't seem like Miami is ideal for public transportation and I won't have a car if I decide to go there so I'm trying to figure out how most students deal with this. Is there at least some type of shuttle service that goes to the school from popular living areas for students? I know I saw a bunch of shuttles when I was at the school but I don't know exactly where they were going.

Members don't see this ad.

I could really use some help on this...

Does anyone know if the area surrounding the school is okay to live in? Walking around it did seem kind of sketchy but I was only there briefly. I'm talking walking distance to the university

i second both posts, im coming from detroit..no idea where i should be living

Members don't see this ad :)
Hallandale, Aventura, Sunny Isles. You can live on the beach anywhere from south beach up to Hollywood if you want to, but it costs more. Anywhere east of 95 is best unless you go northwest out towards Pembroke Pines. Miami Shores around campus is not very nice, a few neighborhoods surrounding are ok.

Hallandale, Aventura, Sunny Isles. You can live on the beach anywhere from south beach up to Hollywood if you want to, but it costs more. Anywhere east of 95 is best unless you go northwest out towards Pembroke Pines. Miami Shores around campus is not very nice, a few neighborhoods surrounding are ok.
But is it feasible to live in those areas without a car? How do most students get around in that case?

Ok I signed in to help you guys out from the perspective of a local but not a student- Its mostly lots of seedy little houses around the school. So its a few blocks to get to shopping plazas. See craigslist for examples of local housing. If you use a bike as transportation, you will be sweaty at the destination. Its tough to only have a bike in certain situations. Buses can ran late. You should get a roommate with a car. Miami shores is urban but not the city. It also depends what you are used to back home. Maybe you are used to driving a bike through crazy drivers with groceries bags on your handlebars. As a Floridian though, I can't imagine not having a car. If I had to cut costs by not bringing a car I would live on campus then. Or at least get a moped haha. Most of those places (Hallandale, Aventura, Hollywood, etc) can be a 20 minute commute by car but you will get what you pay for of location versus nearness and safety. The miami shores area is ok if you don't be stupid. Lock your doors, don't wander around at night, etc. Also I heard if you live south of the school you will travel opposite of the rush hour traffic.

Help. Took first physiology test. Is there another text book for physiology at Barry podiatry to help with test questions. Greatly appreciate any help. Have high GPA after first semester. Want to
Keep it. Thanks.

Also live in aventura. Safe area. Great shopping and gricerys. Wonderful. Fresh market. Feel very safe. Only 15-20 minutes toBarry.