Question for missing pre-reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinetre233333

Reaction score
Hello, I recently graduated and realized I am partially missing one or two pre-reqs for dental school (chemistry/bio).

Do you guys know if you can take it at a different college and show the transcript to the admissions? How would you enter these courses as pending/in progress on aadsas portal?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, you should be able to take it at a different college if you want to. You’ll just get a transcript from there and have them send it to AADSAS the same way you sent your previous university that your graduated from. You will put the term and then the coursework you enrolled in, making sure the spelling is exactly the same as the transcript and when it asks for grades, you just put Planned or in progress

Yeah, you should be able to take it at a different college if you want to. You’ll just get a transcript from there and have them send it to AADSAS the same way you sent your previous university that your graduated from. You will put the term and then the coursework you enrolled in, making sure the spelling is exactly the same as the transcript and when it asks for grades, you just put Planned or in progress
Thank you! I don't have time to enroll in an institution to take it this summer. Have you seen cases where people send the transcript to the dental school directly?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I don't have time to enroll in an institution to take it this summer. Have you seen cases where people send the transcript to the dental school directly?
I’m assuming you’re applying this cycle? If that’s the case you’d just tell AADSAS that you are planning to the the prerequisites either in the fall or spring. You can’t take it the summer before you enter dental school (next summer, 2024) as schools won’t take the risk of you not passing before matriculation.

You would still send the transcript to AADSAS. Some schools will accept final transcripts after you’ve been accepted and pre-enrolled to confirm degree and prerequisites have been met. I don’t think they’ll accept a transcript during the app cycle. Just send it to AADSAS, they’ll verify it and send the updated information to schools. You will want to indicate the courses as planned before applying so you don’t get screened out by schools for not having the prerequisite. So I would try to figure out when you’re planning on taking the courses.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m assuming you’re applying this cycle? If that’s the case you’d just tell AADSAS that you are planning to the the prerequisites either in the fall or spring. You can’t take it the summer before you enter dental school (next summer, 2024) as schools won’t take the risk of you not passing before matriculation.

You would still send the transcript to AADSAS. Some schools will accept final transcripts after you’ve been accepted and pre-enrolled to confirm degree and prerequisites have been met. I don’t think they’ll accept a transcript during the app cycle. Just send it to AADSAS, they’ll verify it and send the updated information to schools. You will want to indicate the courses as planned before applying so you don’t get screened out by schools for not having the prerequisite. So I would try to figure out when you’re planning on taking the courses.
Thank you for the great advice! I appreciate your help :))