Question for people who have tested and rec'd scores: Were your gut instincts accurate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

openstage

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

This will seem like a dumb question, but I'll ask. For people who have tested and rec'd their scores back: How many of you had a really good feeling about your performance on the test, and then your scores seemed to confirm that gut feeling of success? Perhaps you had plenty of time and went back to review your answers.

Second: How many people felt good about your performance, and then you were disappointed by your actual scores? Just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Lawper is right. I thought I did a little better on CARS than I actually did and a little worse on C/P and B/B than I did. My gut feeling was off. My practice exam scores for AAMC were the closest to my actual score. Commercial FLs were as helpful as AAMC in terms of preparing me, but they didn't predict my score very well.

I thought I did badly. turned out I did 4 points higher on the real thing compared to AAMC #3

Members don't see this ad :)
I felt good about all of my sections except for CARS, which I had no idea how I did because it was unlike any practice passages I had seen. Turns out I did slightly better than my average and my overall average was a few points higher than my practice tests

Hello all,

This will seem like a dumb question, but I'll ask. For people who have tested and rec'd their scores back: How many of you had a really good feeling about your performance on the test, and then your scores seemed to confirm that gut feeling of success? Perhaps you had plenty of time and went back to review your answers.

Second: How many people felt good about your performance, and then you were disappointed by your actual scores? Just curious.

I felt like absolute crap and ended up doing quite well. This is a common experience among MCAT takers.

AAMC FLs are the best predictors and barring an adverse effect (illness, very poor testing conditions, etc), most takers seem to be scoring close to what their AAMC FLs predict.