question for u about analgesics!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kapil

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
NSAIDs or opioids??????

A 45-year old woman was found outside her car after hitting a tree.The car appeared severly damaged.There is no evidence as to how the woman escaped from the car.It is thought that she was able to open her door and then fell from the car.When she was discovered,she was conscious but disoriented and complaining of severe pain of multiple origins.While in way to the emergency department,her pain increased in intensity.
which medication (NSAIDs or opioids)might be used to ease her pain immediately upon her arrival at the hospital???and please give me the appropriate reason!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

look it up.... obviously you want us to do your med school homework for you....

i looked everything....damn its very confusing....anyways thanks for reply !!!sometimes we need help to do our homeworks too...and it is not just for homework...i want to know the reasons behind these 2!

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually this sounds more like a question for an EMT exam.

If there is a suspected head injury (multiple trauma, the patient is disoriented) then using narcotics might make evaluation of CNS function more difficult in the E.R.

The only injectable NSAID in the U.S. is Toradol, which can compromise platelet function. That is not good if there is bleeding, and it could complicate surgery.

So probably the best thing to do is not give anything en route.

... which medication (NSAIDs or opioids)might be used to ease her pain immediately upon her arrival at the hospital?
Gorback's rationale also applies once they are in the ED