Question: payment guarentee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rachmoninov3

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My employer (small regional hospital) has offered to pay for medschool in return for a few years of service. I am extactic about this, especially because it will show the med school that I will continue to practice in this state, not just that they'll be paid.

Anyway, I read in another forum that if your medschool tuition is guarenteed by the armed forces, that it's good to put something about it in your application. Should I include something about my employer guarenteeing to pay for my medschool? If so, where does it go? Personal statement, letter of rec?

Members don't see this ad.

rachmoninov3 said:
My employer (small regional hospital) has offered to pay for medschool in return for a few years of service. I am extactic about this, especially because it will show the med school that I will continue to practice in this state, not just that they'll be paid.

Anyway, I read in another forum that if your medschool tuition is guarenteed by the armed forces, that it's good to put something about it in your application. Should I include something about my employer guarenteeing to pay for my medschool? If so, where does it go? Personal statement, letter of rec?

It goes on your tombstone... :laugh:

TAKEANMDPILL said:
It goes on your tombstone... :laugh:

Do you think it's funny to insult the thousands of soldiers fighting for your freedom to sit at home and worry about your medical school application?

Members don't see this ad :)
bwells46 said:
Do you think it's funny to insult the thousands of soldiers fighting for your freedom to sit at home and worry about your medical school application?

What the hell was that? Your sentence was so flawed that I couldn't tell whether you were directing it at the O.P or myself . Or is it because I'm not a Star Wars fan that I lack the ability to comprehend when someone tries to talk like Yoda? :love:

TAKEANMDPILL said:
What the hell was that? Your sentence was so flawed that I couldn't tell whether you were directing it at the O.P or myself . Or is it because I'm not a Star Wars fan that I lack the ability to comprehend when someone tries to talk like Yoda? :love:

His sentence was fine. You just need to read it slower champ. The freedom they are fighting for includes your ability to sit at home and worry about apps. I think Devry has a med school with your name on it.

TAKEANMDPILL said:

I just love all the super-intelligent people I have the pleasure of talking with on SDN :rolleyes: . Send me your address and I'll ship a few composition books to you via UPS.