question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackcui

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
which of following is not correct about interleukins?

1. IL-5 is produced by activated T helper cells and mast cells.
2. IL-3 is secreted by T helper cells and mast cells.
3. IL-8 is secreted by monocytes and macrophages.
4. IL-10 is produced by activated T cells and mast cells
5. IL-7 is secreted by bone marrow stromal cells.

(reference from Kaplan Dent essentials:

IL-5 (source) TH2 cees
IL-3 TH cells, NK cells
IL-8 Macrophagess, endothelial cesss
IL-10 TH2 cells
IL-7 Primary lymph organs (so this one should be correct answer)?

Each of the following DNA virus encodes a DNA polymerase except one, which is this exception?

1. Hepatitis B virus(yes for polymerase)
2. SV40
3. Adneovirus (No)
4. EB Virus (No)
5. Poxvirus (yes for polymerase)

which one should be the right answer?

Members don't see this ad.

answer should be descending loop because it is impermeable to Na, so it is not reabsorbed and h2o is reabsorbed in descending loop. so it is hyper osmotic.
pls clear the doubt.

ans should be ascending limb of henle as this is permeable to water so solute remain in this portion become hypertonic because of loss of water.

ans should be ascending limb of henle as this is permeable to water so solute remain in this portion become hypertonic because of loss of water.

but in the BRS they say that thick ascending loop is called diluting segment because it is impermeable to water and Na is reabsorbed without water and osmolarity of tubular fluid is decreased to less than their concentration in plasma. so i think it is descending loop.
can you tell me the answer for it. i mean what they have given the answer for this.

can somebody answer this. If the anticodon on t-rna is 5'acg3' then whats will be its corresponding codon on m-rna? Please reply

Members don't see this ad :)
but in the BRS they say that thick ascending loop is called diluting segment because it is impermeable to water and Na is reabsorbed without water and osmolarity of tubular fluid is decreased to less than their concentration in plasma. so i think it is descending loop.
can you tell me the answer for it. i mean what they have given the answer for this.

i have choose descending limb because water from this part tubule get out , living fluid in it which has more salt and less water thus making it hypertonic. Thick ascending loop is called diluting segment [ which means hypotonic] because it is impermeable to water so more water and less salt in this segment of tubule .

for 2nd and acc. to me it should be 5'cgu3'

pls. correct if i am wrong

Turner's spots are dark spots on a developing secondary tooth due to an abscess from pulpitis of the primary tooth in relation to it